Home > How To > Need Some Help On Hard Drives Set Up As RAID
Need Some Help On Hard Drives Set Up As RAID
Of course, speeds are half that in a RAID 1 mirror. There I saw that, in fact, the hot spare had been swapped into the array, and was in the process of rebuilding. I have 2 brand new SSDs and I want to set them up in Raid 0 before I install windows.EDIT: As per the manual - "Please be noted that SATA3_A0 and solved Seagate Hard Drive asking me to format...I can't access my data.Please help... http://openfeedback.org/how-to/password-protecting-hard-drives-on-windows-7.php
RAID 0 requires a minimum of two drives and the total capacity of the drives in the array are combined into a single volume, due to the way data is distributed. The reds are meant to be used for 24/7 use anyway so thats some extra peace of mind. May 7, 2013 Douglas Hudson Conceptually, it should work. Interesting indeed. However it states that the drive is not ready or formatted. http://www.pcworld.com/article/2849289/supercharge-your-pcs-storage-with-a-raid-setup-everything-you-need-to-know.html
How To Setup Raid 1
RAID Levels The other key decision is which RAID level to use, but to understand RAID levels, you need to know just a bit more about how a RAID actually stores Write performance is the same as for single disk storage. Basic PCI and PCIe adapters supporting RAID levels 0, 1, 10, and sometimes 5 can be found online for $100 or less. Also, maintenance performed by Windows when it feels it's needed, which can occur any time there's a configuration change, hurts performance while in progress.
- Your operating system would have no idea you were actually using a RAID.
- That would probably foul up your RAID arrangement; at a minimum, you'd probably lose your data redundancy.
- The drive controllers integrated into Intel’s and AMD’s chipsets offer RAID (as do most other lesser-known chipsets) and many motherboard manufacturers often integrate additional RAID controllers, from companies like Marvell, onto
- In a four-disk RAID 10 array, two discs can fail at once without losing the arrayas long as they’re not a drive and its mirror (i.e.
- All internal.
- Total redundancy for more reliability or a combination of performance and reliability.
- Check your PC or motherboard documentation to find out if your motherboard supports RAID (and if so, which levels), and for specific installation instructions.If your PC doesn't have integrated RAID, you
- Data recovery is accomplished by calculating the exclusive OR (XOR) of the information recorded on the other drives.
- ALL ANNOUCEMENTS ACCOUNT ProductsLaptopsDesktopsMotherboardsGraphics CardsMonitorsKeyboardsMiceMousepadsHeadsetsSound CardsAccessoriesROG Certified ProductsArticlesAllPress ReleasesEventsPromotionsGuidesGamingGeneral SetupOverclockingPC BuildSoftwareTechnologiesUnboxingGalleriesModsTechnologiesVideosOverclockingProductsLaptopsDesktopsMotherboardsGraphics CardsMonitorsKeyboardsMiceHeadsetsSound CardsAccessoriesROG CertifiedGamingGaming NewsGaming GuidesOverclockingRealbenchLeaderboardWorld RecordsDownloadsCommunityForumEventsPromotions ROG GlobalGermany / DeutschlandFrance / FrançaisItaly / ItalianoMexico / MéxicoSpain / EspañolRegional Facebook Pages
- How-To Geek Articles l l The Downsides of Open Source Software How to Opt Out of Personalized Ads from Google Four Ways Point-and-Shoot Cameras Still Beat Smartphones 11 Things You Can
Please help. It should recognize the partition with a Windows installation in it on the array from when your imaging software copied the boot drive onto the array.* * * It will tell So much for the good stuff. How To Setup Raid 1 Windows 7 How can I format these two drives separately?
It's largely irrelevant given today's more capacious hard drives.RAID 0 (Striping): This setup increases hard-drive performance by splitting, or striping, data across two drives. With a hardware controller, you should really look into the manual for any mention of this -- and if it says it can do it for RAID0, then assume it can't Safety first! http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/267050-need-some-help-hard-drives-set-up-raid.html Disk Utility can guide you through all these options.
No reformat of hdd's. How To Setup Raid 0 Windows 7 My current desktop can see the drives (placed in an HD reader, computer sees them as one drive). But instead of striping data, the data stored on the drives in the array is duplicated across all the hard drives. I also have a 2T that I want just as storage.
How To Setup Raid 0 Windows 10
RAID allows two things: it allows speed, or efficiency (which is called striping), and it allows mirroring, which is redundancy. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/244319-32-setup-raid5-existing-hard-drive-help My System Specs System Manufacturer/Model Number Self Built OS Windows XP 32 bit CPU Intel Core2Quad Q6600 2.40GHz 8MB Cache Motherboard Gigabyte EP45-UD3L Motherboard - Intel P45, Socket 775, ATX, Memory How To Setup Raid 1 Thunderbolt 2 should double the sort of read and write speeds Mac Performance Guide got with the Mercury Elite Pro. How To Setup Raid 1 Windows 10 Software RAID seems more likely to work.
Everything should be roughly intact. weblink Please help! RAID 1: In RAID 1, two disks are configured to mirror each other. The Mirroed RAID Set is RAID 1 and the Striped RAID Set option is RAID 0. How To Setup Raid Windows 10
Creating the RAID will wipe everything off both drives. I try to format it but it gets to 100% and hangs indefinitely. Consumer have to worry about. navigate here There was a fix from WD that let you modify the time out, but I didn't feel comfortable trusting my data to drives that weren't meant to do what it was
My RAID doesn’t have that feature, so failure of the power supply is a concern. (It is, however, an external power brick, so replacing it should be easy, if I ever How To Setup Raid 0 Ssd It's also more flexible with mirrors, allowing you to create them from existing volumes containing data, as well as delete either half of a mirror with the other remaining intact. Insert your OS medium - I use a USB stick for OS installation12.
All the other stuff is hardware, and is easily replaced.
Most operating systems—including Windows—also give users the ability to configure what’s known as software RAID. Purchasing a Pre-configured RAID When it comes time to purchase a RAID drive, there are a lot of choices to make. Here’s what you need to know A hardware RAID can be pricey but it helps prevent data loss and improve performance. How To Setup Raid 5 Set to RAID0(Stripe) and press enter - Mine had that already by default.4.
Practically, probably not a good fit. If one of the hard drives dies, you won't lose any of your data. If you want to use RAID function on SATA3 connectors, please useSATA3_0 and SATA3_1 connectors."Here's where you want to plug them in: BigfishyJan 3, 2013, 6:44 AM aha! his comment is here Get the answer cpburnsOct 31, 2007, 2:33 AM It looks like your controller does something called Online Capacity Expansion.
HimeaJan 3, 2013, 7:44 AM when i go into create a Raid 0 and Name it and put 128k then Select Disk it's empty it won't let me o.0? Multiple chronologica backups allow you to recover to a selected previous state; redundancy only helps ensure the current state is not lost. It's for pros and crazies handling massive files, like HD video editing. Good catch!
you're right when creating raid volume (either 0 or 1) it will prompt you the hard drives will be formatted BigfishyDec 15, 2012, 12:00 AM Hey thanks for responding Alvine. When using RAID, you can either use "hardware RAID" or "software RAID." With hardware RAID, a hardware device in your computer does all the RAID work.