Home > How To > What To Do When Computer Came Without Any OS Disc?
What To Do When Computer Came Without Any OS Disc?
If you don't have your Windows installation media, you can create a system repair disc from within Windows 7. And, it's always the first thing the Help Desk asks when you tell them "your PC didn't come with disks". Rescue or Recovery Disc - this disc does not contain the operating system and cannot be used to reinstall it from scratch. Published 01/10/13 SHOW ARCHIVED READER COMMENTS (11) Comments (11) January 10, 2013 Romberry Chris, you wrote "The process of reinstalling Windows will erase all the data on your computer. his comment is here
I read about the c:\I386 but I feel like I should have a copy of the system without having to make a copy myself ... I tried booting from a recovery disc... Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free: Go check your email! There are also programs like Decrap that will automatically uninstall all that bloatware for you—so I say try those first. The Best App Uninstaller for Windows The Best App Uninstaller http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/52972-what-do-when-computer-came-without-any-os-disc.html
How To Reinstall Windows 7 Without Cd
I have done it in Windows 7 and in Windows Vista. I feel this is much better than a full clean install. You can use this to install an operating system.3) USB devices. I always remember win7 doing stupid things like putting the boot partition on the non-ssd drives.
Insert a writable CD into your CD/DVD drive and click "Create disc." Click "Close" and "OK." Reboot your computer, and tap the appropriate key to bring up your boot menu. Please try again now or at a later time. Ensure you have up-to-date backups of all your important files before continuing. How To Install Operating System On New Hard Drive Without Cd Just open up the cover and ensure the drive is firmly seated in the connector.
Refer to your computer's user manual if you're unsure which key should be used. How Do I Restore Windows If I've Lost My Restore Cd You can back up/restore the factory default image, and reinstall applications and drivers. Advertisement Advertisement Head to your computer manufacturer's web site (e.g. http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001499.htm Type a new volume label for the drive, and press "Enter." Remove the system repair disc, and shut down your computer.
Instead, the restore CDs were "built-in" to the computer. The Drive Where Windows Is Installed Is Locked I don't know if this procedure works on Windows 8 (Windows Hate) or not because I have not installed Windows Hate on any of my computers and never intend to. Or is there some other way to install the OS on the computer?UpdateCancelAnswer Wiki12 Answers Michiel van der Blonk, I have a BS in CS :-)Written 53w agoA computer without an Connect with us facebook twitter CNET Reviews Top Categories Best Products CNET 100 Appliances Audio Cameras Cars Desktops Drones Headphones Laptops Networking Phones Printers Smart Home Tablets TVs Virtual Reality Wearable
How Do I Restore Windows If I've Lost My Restore Cd
But be that as it may, people need practical advice when they don't. 13-Nov-2009 Charles Tilley November 10, 2009 7:49 PM To the comment of "mm". click here now Connect with him on Google+. How To Reinstall Windows 7 Without Cd If you frequently reinstall Windows 7, or install it on many computers, you may want to create a customized Windows 7 installation disc. Windows Installation Disc I have tried removing my CMOS battery but it doesn't change anything.
For this problem, we have two options here that we can use to solve the problem. this content You can download a free disk image from DIGITAL RIVER, the authorized Microsoft online agent. Page 1 of 2 1 2 > 06 Jan 2010 #1 csuliga Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium 2 posts What to do when computer came without any Check the laptop maker's offer of replacement OS discs(restore/recovery). Media Test Failure Check Cable
- Romberry has outlined this procedure in better detail than I have here so follow his instructions if you want to reinstall your OS but save your information.
- A man without long term memory can only do the simplest of things and needs to relearn every time again.Once you switch off the power of a computer, the short term
- As we've seen in recent years, they often don't, presumably as some kind of cost cutting measure.
- manhunter2826 View Public Profile Find More Posts by manhunter2826 Page 1 of 2 1 2 > What to do when computer came without any OS disc? « Previous Thread | Next
- But the original XP Pro sticker was still on it, so I ran the reinstall disc and was given the option to choose or make a partition.
- Disruptive posting: Flaming or offending other usersIllegal activities: Promote cracked software, or other illegal contentOffensive: Sexually explicit or offensive languageSpam: Advertisements or commercial links Submit report Cancel report Track this discussion
- Reinstalling Windows – or restoring from a factory partition – is very simple, especially with Windows 8.
- On most laptops it only requires a small Philips screwdriver to remove it.
- And they also give option to burn recovery partition into disk (which is recommended) My System Specs OS Windows 7 Ultimate x86 SP1 .
- Tool to create restore disc Computer manufacturers also provide a feature within Windows that allows the user to create a set of restore CDs (or DVDs).
I know the most and am self taught on most things. No Bootable Device If you have … Read more Read more Lastly, many Windows 8 PCs come with the product key embedded in the BIOS. In the past, I bought 2 Dell Latitude laptops that came with the OS install disc, plus a Roxio and a Cyberlink Power DVD reinstall discs as well.
The most common keys used to access the restore partition are F8, F10 and F11.
Charles Tilley November 10, 2009 10:54 AM The reinstall disks DO include the OS for your particular brand. This would serve as your re-installation "media" should you ever need to reformat and reinstall." My computer has no discs, has the recovery on a partition, etc. F11 was the most common of those three keys, used by many manufacturers as the standard method of accessing the restore partition. Windows 7 Installation Disc Download Free That means when you get your disc, make sure it's for the same version of Windows as your license key.
If you're prompted to "press any key to boot from CD or DVD," do so, and you should enter the Windows installation. How to Boot From a CD or USB The documentation for your device available from the Acer website is next to useless and I cannot find a decent shot of the underside of the computer but there should be Next then...2) CD-ROM. http://openfeedback.org/how-to/make-up-a-oem-disc.php Stating the facts does not constitute a defense of them.
If your machine arrives with Windows preinstalled, but without installation media, take a full image backup as soon as possible, and save that as your reinstallation media for future use. That being said, there's at least one potential confusion in your question that I want to clear up, and before you walk away from your vendor some alternatives that I'd encourage